Panca Bhuta YogA
250-hour Teacher Training and Yoga ImmersioN Exploring the Five Elements
Listen to this short twelve minute chat between Richard and Mary about the program:
Panca Bhuta Yoga is a special opportunity to study with Richard Rosen and Mary Paffard. These two teachers have collaborated on trainings and yoga programs for over two decades and look forward to bringing a lively sangha of yoga practitioners together to evolve their own practice, share this practice with others and explore the art and science of yoga in a 21st century context. Between them, Mary and Richard have more than 60 years of teaching experience.
This unique Yoga Immersion and 250-Hour Training will be hosted at You and the Mat, in Oakland, CA 8/31/2018 – 3/3/2019.
Mary and Richard invite you to join them for this 250-hour training based on yoga’s five traditional elements. Each will serve as a month-long focus, each contributing an essential quality to your practice on and off the mat: EARTH for stability, WATER for fluidity, FIRE for enthusiasm, AIR for lightness, and ETHER for spaciousness.
This course can be taken to deepen your understanding of yoga. It will also give you the essential ingredients to be able to teach basic classes and graduates are eligible to apply for the Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher certification at the 200 hour level. Experienced teachers may consider this course as a way of reviewing and revitalizing their teaching and their practice.
The course includes
- Two four-day Intensives 8/31-9/3 2018 and January 1/4-7 2019
- Seven weekends between 9/14 and 12/14: 3pm Fridays–5pm Sundays
- 9/14-15; 9/28-30; 10/12-14; 10/26-28; 11/9-11; 11/30-12/1; 12/14-16
- One final weekend review 3/1-3 2019
The core curriculum will be taught between 8/31/18 and 1/7/19. Requirements, which include assisting and observing and a mentorship program, can be completed between registration for the program and 3/1/19.
- $3400 for 200 course hours. Early Bird $3200 if paid in full by June 9, 2018.
- Fifty hours of class/workshop attendance and mentorship with RR or MP and selected approved colleagues, completed between 6/9/18 and 3/1/19 are paid for separately and as arranged. See Outline for more mentorship info.